Tuesday, October 23, 2007

random things

"One week without blogging makes one weak"... or something like that.

My Dad and I just got back from an extra long weekend in Charlotte NC and Morgantown WV visiting my sister and friends. We traveled by road... 20 plus hours with plenty of opportunity for talking, talk radio and the random map check. And when you think you've missed an exit, just drive a little while longer and another one comes along. We had dinner with some old and new friends, played some golf, hiked Cowders Mountain, saw a minor league hockey game, walked a museum and enjoyed a visit to Forest Hill church on Sunday morning. Both towns are busy and growing with lots of construction and something always going on. It was good to get away. It is good to be home.

Buffalo sports weekend update:
- Sabres lose two, 75 games to go, my predictions in jeopardy, 75 games to go, 75! No worries (yet)
- My friend Earl did not win the emcee contest, but he had a fun experience. Great effort, we are proud!!!
- Bills win their second game, Trent Edwards starts again this Sunday... J.P. who?
- I'm going to the Bengals game in a couple weeks... sitting in a corporate box... nice.
- Our football was rained out last weekend so I didn't miss a game while on vacation, but it's rescheduled this Sunday morning, so I miss the game anyway... I can't win.

Speaking of winning, I have yet to turn on my furnace due to our very pleasant October. Maybe in a few days, maybe not. My poll question has run away with "she controls the thermostat" Surprised? Not really. Thanks everyone for participating. The poll ends when I turn on the heat... maybe November.

Back to work today, ugh!

KW rehearsal tomorrow night, yeah! We continue to prepare for exciting new changes for our children's ministry. Visiting Forest Hill church this past weekend was excellent because I got a tour of their children's area... lots of great ideas and confirmation of our direction and needs for growth and creativity.

Last thought, life is complicated and very noisy sometimes...

Then they cry out to the Lord in their trouble,
And He brings them out of their distresses.
He calms the storm,
So that its waves are still.
Then they are glad because they are quiet;
So He guides them to their desired haven.
Psalm 107:28-30

...more on that another day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Paul...that passage was needed this morning. I'll fill you in at football.

Jenn :)