Thursday, September 27, 2007

on the road

Alright, I am now offically a blogger. After much anticipation, encouragement and the hope that I may have something that someone somewhere wants to read about me, here it is... a blog. In preparing the content, I wanted a memorable title, just in case I became famous or infamous or news worthy (it could happen). Now, I understand there are literally a billion blogs of all shapes, varieties, colors and creeds. So, I perused the options, tested a few names, read alot of really awesome and really awful blogs to finally launch my "seven mile journal".

My inspiration for the greater part of my adult life has been God's Word, the incredible story of His redemption, grace and love. Luke 24:13-35 tells the humbling, somewhat humorous at moments and hopeful story on the road to Emmaus. I relate to those two traveling companions, so caught up in the happenings of the day, too busy with stuff, so worried about the whatever, that they missed Jesus walking along side them all the way. We all travel a similar road, 70+ years, several mile markers, seven miles from the place we've been, seven miles to where we're going. On my seven mile journey, I want to journal about the things which have happened... something serious, something silly, something special, something simple, something along the road, a thought, a picture, a poem, a prayer along the way.

I hope you, my traveling companions, enjoy reading about me, make a comment once in while and vote early and often. That reminds me, it's September 27th, 60 degrees and raining, I need to go put a sweater on!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Welcome, fellow blogger! It looks great! I love the title!

DerekForPresident said...

I didn't know people who aren't liberals write blogs. Cool!